1.1 The rental contract is between the Hirer (You), named in the Booking Form, and Croatian Villa Holidays (CVH). The Villa is to be occupied for private use only. It cannot be sublet. Prior approval from CVH must be obtained for use of the property for functions such as conferences, parties or wedding receptions. The Villa can only be occupied by those persons whose names are listed on the Booking Form. Any changes to the intended occupants must be notified to CVH by letter, fax or email.
1.2 The Hirer warrants that he/she has the authority to accept these Conditions on behalf of the entire party listed on the Booking Form (including those substituted or added at a later date) and is responsible for ensuring that each member of the party is informed of and complies with the Terms and Conditions of the Booking.
1.3 CVH is not responsible for minor differences (for example in furnishing) between the description of the Villa on the website and the Villa as found on arrival.
1.4 CVH reserves the right to refuse to accept a Booking without giving a reason.
1.5 The Hirer consents to CVH retaining his/her contact information and including him/her on CVH‘s email mailing list. CVH will not pass your contact details to any third party or organization other than in connection with dealing with your enquiry or through the sale or transfer of the business to new ownership. If You wish to be removed from the mailing list please email CVH with ‘unsubscribe’ in the email subject.
1.6 This Agreement and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it (including non-contractual disputes or claims) shall be governed and construed in accordance with the law of England and Wales. The parties irrevocably agree that the courts of England and Wales shall have exclusive jurisdiction to settle any such dispute or claim that arises out of or in connection with this Agreement (including non-contractual disputes or claims).
2.1 A 30% non-refundable deposit is payable on Booking. The balance of the full payment is due 10 weeks prior to the first day of occupancy. Payment should be made to "Ancro Limited" in accordance with the payment instructions provided. Unless other payment terms have been agreed and confirmed in writing by CVH.
2.2 Where the Hirer has not paid the balance 10 weeks before the date of occupancy CVH reserves the right to cancel the Booking. The deposit is non-refundable.
2.3 The initial deposit can be paid by debit card (Mastercard or Visa), credit card (Mastercard or Visa) or bank transfer. The balance payment can be paid by debit card or bank transfer. If paying in full at the time of booking, payment can be taken by debit card (Mastercard or Visa), credit card (Mastercard or Visa) or bank transfer.
2.4 If payment is made by bank transfer CVH will cover its own bank charges but the Hirer should ensure that the sending bank‘s charges are charged to his/her own account.
2.5 CVH reserves the right to alter advertised prices at any time and to correct errors in advertised or confirmed prices.
3.1 Booking is made at the point when CVH receives the payment of a deposit. CVH reserves the right to cancel the Booking at any time should the villa become unavailable for use due to circumstances beyond the control of CVH, in which case a full refund will be made of any monies paid.
3.2 All villas have a maximum number of occupants that they are permitted to take under Croatian tourist industry regulations. This maximum number (which includes infants) cannot be exceeded. CVH may terminate the Booking without notice and without refund if the number of persons arriving at the villa exceeds the limit.
4. Cancellation Notification of cancellation must be made by letter, email or fax to CVH. The date of cancellation is the date at which CVH receives valid notice of cancellation. The following charges apply:- a) Cancellation made 10 weeks or more before the first day of occupancy - deposit only. b) Cancellation made less than 10 weeks before the first day of occupancy - full payment.
5. Damages and breakages The Hirer is liable for the replacement or repair cost resulting from any damage or breakages caused. The Villa should be vacated in the same state of repair and cleanliness as it was found. A refundable damage deposit may be required and will either be payable to the villa owner (or his/her agent) on or before arrival and will be refunded (subject to retentions) on departure or be subject to such other payment terms as You will be notified of at the time of booking.
6. Prohibited activities
6.1 Pets are not permitted in the Villa or its grounds without prior approval from CVH.
6.2 If the Villa has a swimming pool no diving is permitted in the pool.
6.3 All members of the party must behave appropriately having regard to the Villa location and the impact of noise on neighbours. Occupants and their visitors must not act inappropriately, offensively or dangerously.
6.4 CVH reserves the right to terminate the Booking with immediate effect without compensation if the behaviour of any individuals within the party carry out a prohibited activity as specified in this condition.
7. Arrival and departure All bookings are for periods specified on the Booking Form or for other such periods as has been agreed in writing by CVH. The Villa must be vacated by 10.00am on the day of departure and arrival should not be before 4.00pm unless alterations to these arrangements have been agreed.
8. Liability The amenities of the property shall be used entirely at the Hirer‘s own risk. CVH is in no circumstances liable for any loss or damage to any valuables belonging to the occupants or any visitors of the Villa. CVH excludes any liability for death or personal injury of any person occupying or visiting the Villa (including any associated outdoor space) to the full extent permitted by law. Occupants are advised to take care whilst walking with wet feet on stone, tile or marble surfaces that may be slippery.
9. Insurance CVH recommend that You and other members of your party take out travel insurance to cover You for loss of deposit if You have to cancel Your holiday due to illness and for losses or injury arising while You are on holiday.
10. Right of entry CVH or its agents have right of entry to the Villa at any time to carry out inspections, make repairs or attend to the garden.
11. Website links The CVH website may include links to other websites which we deem may be of interest to You. CVH does not accept liability for the content of these sites and You should satisfy Yourself regarding the status and content of these sites.